The Best Free Audible Books to Listen to in 2024
Audible is a great way to enjoy audiobooks on the go, but it can be expensive. Luckily, there are a number of great free Audible books available, so you can save money and still enjoy great content.
In this article, we’ll highlight some of the best free Audible books available in 2024. We’ll cover a variety of genres, so you’re sure to find something you’ll love.
- The Martian by Andy Weir: This science fiction novel tells the story of an astronaut who is stranded on Mars. It’s a thrilling and suspenseful story that will keep you hooked from beginning to end.
The Martian is a classic science fiction survival story. Astronaut Mark Watney is stranded on Mars after his crew is forced to evacuate the planet due to a severe dust storm. Watney must use his ingenuity and engineering skills to survive on Mars until a rescue mission can be launched.
The book is well-written and engaging, and the narration by R.C. Bray is excellent. Bray does a great job of bringing the characters and the story to life.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams: This classic science fiction comedy tells the story of a man who is abducted by aliens and taken on an adventure through space. It’s a hilarious and thought-provoking story that will stay with you long after you’ve finished listening.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a witty and absurdist look at the universe. Arthur Dent, the protagonist, is whisked away on a journey through space after the Earth is destroyed. Along the way, he meets a cast of eccentric characters, including Ford Prefect, a researcher for the titular Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
The book is full of humor and imagination, and the narration by Stephen Fry is perfect. Fry’s voice is clear and expressive, and he does a great job of capturing the humor and absurdity of the story.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: This Pulitzer Prize-winning novel tells the story of a young girl who witnesses the trial of a black man accused of raping a white woman. It’s a powerful and moving story that will stay with you long after you’ve finished listening.
To Kill a Mockingbird is a classic American novel that tells the story of Scout Finch, a young girl who grows up in the South during the Jim Crow era. Scout witnesses the trial of Tom Robinson, a black man accused of raping a white woman. The trial is a powerful indictment of racism and injustice, and it has had a lasting impact on American culture.
The book is beautifully written and moving, and the narration by Sissy Spacek is excellent. Spacek’s voice is warm and compassionate, and she does a great job of bringing Scout to life.
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari: This groundbreaking book tells the story of the human species from its origins to the present day. It’s a fascinating and informative book that will give you a new perspective on the world.
Sapiens is a sweeping and ambitious book that tells the story of human evolution. Harari explores the rise of agriculture, the development of cities, the rise of empires, and the modern world. The book is full of insights and provocative ideas, and it will challenge your understanding of the world.
The narration by Noah Emmerich is excellent. Emmerich’s voice is clear and engaging, and he does a great job of bringing Harari’s ideas to life.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg: This bestselling book explores the science of habit formation. It’s a practical and insightful book that will help you change your own habits.
The Power of Habit is a fascinating book that explains how habits work. Duhigg identifies three key elements of habit formation: the cue, the routine, and the reward. He also provides practical tips for changing your own habits.
The narration by Jeff Wilbusch is excellent. Wilbusch’s voice is clear and engaging, and he does a great job of explaining Duhigg’s complex ideas.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey: This classic self-help book teaches seven habits that can help you be more successful in life. It’s a timeless and valuable book that can help you improve your life in many ways.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is a practical and inspiring book that provides a framework for living a more effective life. Covey’s seven habits are:
- Be proactive
Begin with the end in mind.
Put first things first.
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
Sharpen the saw.
The narration by Steven Weber is excellent. Weber’s voice is clear and engaging, and he does a great job of bringing Covey’s ideas to life.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle: This classic children’s book tells the story of a caterpillar who eats his way through the days of the week. It’s a colorful and engaging book that is sure to be a hit with children of all ages.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a simple yet charming story that teaches children about the days of the week and the importance of eating healthy foods. The illustrations are bright and colorful, and the narration by David Hyde Pierce is perfect. Pierce’s voice is warm and inviting, and he does a great job of bringing the story to life.
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss: This beloved children’s book tells the story of a mischievous cat who causes havoc in a house. It’s a funny and heartwarming story that will keep children entertained for hours on end.
The Cat in the Hat is a classic children’s book that is full of humor and imagination. The illustrations are whimsical and colorful, and the narration by Bill Irwin is excellent. Irwin’s voice is expressive and engaging, and he does a great job of bringing the characters to life.
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown: This classic bedtime story tells the story of a baby rabbit who says goodnight to everything in his room. It’s a soothing and calming story that is perfect for bedtime.
Goodnight Moon is a gentle and comforting story that is perfect for bedtime. The illustrations are simple but beautiful, and the narration by Ashley Phillips is perfect. Phillips’s voice is soft and soothing, and she does a great job of creating a calming atmosphere.
These are just a few of the many great free Audible books available. With so many great options to choose from, you’re sure to find something you’ll love. So what are you waiting for? Start listening today!